Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-17-2021 07:13 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I use the 15-r005la for 3 simple tasks: Watch YouTube, listen to mp3, and sometimes play videos/movies (mp4, mkv).
Thing is, sometimes the laptop is very stable, and sometimes goes nuts for days, BSOD appears over and over again, the computer starts "stuttering", immediately the BSOD shows up, sometimes I'm watching YouTube at full screen, is stutters, and the display freezes in black, or some other color and just stays there, silently.
When I'm listening to mp3, it stutters, and BSOD comes up.
Sometimes I push the power button to turn it on, the WiFi LED turns on, but nothing happens, the screen stays black.
The computer does NOT have an internal fan, it relies on "passive cooling" (alleged).
Sometimes I use a program so the computer goes to sleep, or shuts down (Airytec Switch Off 3.5).
To this point, I've:
- Installed Win 8.1 Pro, it happens anyways.
- Installed Win 10 Pro 21H2.
- Upgraded the BIOS, it improved a lot to the point that I can actually use the laptop.
- Upgraded from mechanical, to Solid State Drive.
- It happens even if the Windows installation is completely new, 1st time accessing Windows, and BSOD appears anyways.
Most of the time the error that shows up is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, but the following had appeared too:
- RESOURCE NOT OWNED.
- KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE.
- PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA.
I don't know what to do to this point.
This laptop is kind of "special" to Me, it belonged to My Dad, He passed away last December.
- Thanks in advance.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community