Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion Model # 15-cs0064st . The computer was  in sleep mode for four days  or maybe powered down, I do not remember) f and now will not reboot.... Just get the rotating circles on a black HP screen and  after trying a CMOS reset and a BIOs reset from HP's virtual assistant, nothing. I have gotten the blue screen with the unhappy face a few times , but the computer returns to the Preparing repair ...screen over and over and nothing happens. I bought an extended warranty but my acct. doesn't show it and the website just shows the original warranty expired. Just now,  I paid forTech support and I got a "sorry this is tempoarily unavailable" right now. Is there ANY number to talk with a live human that anyone can share?

I have also tried F9, and been to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/start up..but that goes to a sales page not a support page.

I have also tried F11 and F2... found no hardware issues in the system diagnostic tests and no luck with startup at all.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MarionLG wrote:

Pavilion Model # 15-cs0064st . . I have gotten the blue screen with the unhappy face a few times , but the computer returns to the Preparing repair ...screen over and over and nothing happens. 

This indicates that there is a Windows problem. Do not try CMOS reset and don't press F(x) keys if you don't know what happens. Is there any error code like 0xc000... or s.th. like that. 

For basic troubleshooting you need a bootstick like the "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft. So get an USB-Stick (size 8 GB or more) and download the Media Creation Tool.  Prepare that stick and when ready come back to this forum. 

By the way Your first name sounds very German. There are many good forums in german language.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I ran the quick tests yesterday, and passed. Today I only get black screen or black screen with HP showing. Finally got it to say "Preparing automatic repair". First time it shut off around an hour (I walked away). Second time it's holding on that message over 3 hours now. On restart Shift + F8, F10 or F11 do nothing. Mine is also a HP Pavilion 15-cs0xxx.

HP Recommended

Hi VH2000,

I'm having the exact same problem, and posted so below on 11/13/21.  There is also one more identical problem post from new user FALLENGAMER on 11/13/21. Neither have an answer as of today. I've done more homework, called Costco Concierge and they sent me to a tech support person at HP. I've saved the Media Creation tool on a USB stick, and am ready to proceed. The HP support person said at this point all I can do is use it, which will totally reinstall Windows, and I will lose all my files. I asked her if there was any way to back up my files first, like several help menus suggest would be in the prompts, and she said only if I took the computer to tech support and the pulled them off the hard drive first. I will attempt to do that tomorrow, but was hoping against hope that your comment "Prepare that stick and when ready come back to this forum". would produce some results. Thanks for any help you can give me. Jan

HP Recommended

MS has updated the "Media Creation Tool" (MCT) this week to Windows 21H2! 

When you boot your USB device with the Installation Tool (MCT) go to the 2nd page where you find the repair options at the left bottom. Click that and in the advanced options you find "Command Prompt"

Here you type notepad.exe and when you click on file / open you just navigate to your files you want to save. Save means to copy the files to a different drive like USB or a different partition. Be patient when the copy-process starts because you will not see any reaction about the progress.

If you are familar with diskpart you could create a new partition on the drive and copy the files to that partition.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.