Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My laptop has been showing the error 3F0 Boot Device Not Found or Hard Disk Error for quite some time. I want to be able to access my hard drive in order to restore an old iPhone back up because a lot of my old contacts and pictures corrupted. Just wanting to know what I need to do in order to get it working again. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zmagic_ 

If you remove the laptop drive and connect it to a working PC, you might be able to do what you want.

You will need an adapter like this to connect the drive to another PC:

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.