Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 745 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys, I hope everyone is doing good.

I hope I can find a fix to my problem, to begin my laptop is hp EliteBook 745 g5 ryzen 5 2500u 8/256 my current bios ver is 1.17, I update the bios from 1.16 to 1.17 and it was working greet I have done some changes in the bios after that include power management, AMD Dach , and others, after that, i did save as custom defaults and save changes and exit after this the loading Circle under protected by sure start show after 2 min then windows work fine.

the start-up prosess take now almost 3 mins instead of just 15 or 10 sec , i tern the laptop off and tern it on and rapidly press the ESC button to access the startup menu i noticed it take long time, the menu eventually appeared but it was looking weird it was before a full screen with nice buttons to select and hp logo in the corner now it is just white box, with keyboard arrows i select bios to go and set factory defaults but black working screen show and nothing else, i waited about 2 hours but nothing changed and when pressing enter and ESC it makes beeb sound.

I disassembled the device and tried to switch ram location unplug CMOS battery and laptop battery for 5 mins with pressing the power button to drain power and reconnecting them nothing work, I also tried win + B, win + V, B, pressing them for 3 seconds then press the power button for 3 seconds while I still press it no luck.

I tried to re-install bios then the device shut down but no screen show while bios update with ver 1.17, I tried also installing ver 1.15 nothing show just blank working screen like bios, and then hit enter and hear tito tito beeb sound, any suggestions to try or fix?

pics of the problem:

https://ibb.co/fvMkRrp

https://ibb.co/0FfDV0Y

https://ibb.co/pjSyYfb

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@mrbroks -- You seem to have tried everything humanly possible, other than contacting HP Support.

If your computer is less than one year old, then exercise the HP Warranty to get the computer repaired/replaced, at their expense.

Otherwise, you will have to pay HP Support to repair it.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there is no warranty, and the device goes to Windows and works in Windows normally, but the BIOS and anything that includes the BIOS interface and has the hp mark does not appear. I hope i can find solution to the problem.

It is a strange problem, but if I do not find any solution, I will use it as it is, with the loss of the ability to make any modification in the BIOS or access to the boot menu and other functions.

If i find any solution, I will update...

HP Recommended

@mrbroks -- if you disconnect the data and power cables from the disk-drive, and then power-on your computer, what does it do, if it cannot find any "bootable" source?  Does it display something like "Press <blah> to enter BIOS SETUP" ?

HP Recommended

I tried to boot the device without m.2 ssd and I faced the same problem I tried to enter the BIOS and nothing came up

HP Recommended

@mrbroks -- I tried to enter the BIOS and nothing came up

With the M.2 disconnected, power-on the computer, but do not "try to enter the BIOS".

What DOES show on the computer's screen? Anything?

HP Recommended

I tried it I removed the m.2 disconnected the battery and turned on the device on the electricity charger directly Took a long time on the logo protected by sure start then nothing appears on the screen only a black working screen

HP Recommended

@mrbroks -- Took a long time on the logo protected by sure start

While that screen was displayed, does pressing "ESC" or "F1" or "F2" or "F10" or "F11" or "F12" or "Enter" cause some text to be displayed?  If so, what text is displayed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.