cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Frank-W
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

840 G6 Biometrics not recognised

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Apologies in advance if this has been answered, I searched and could not find it.

Purchased a refurbished 840 G6 and cannot get Windows Hello to recognize the biometrics finger sensor or the camera.  I have searched on google and HP.com and could not fix it. There isn't a "Biometrics" section in Device Manager.

This is what I have done to date.

• Ensured all windows updates are installed
  • Ensured that all drivers from HP.com are installed and up to date
  • Ensured that Group Policies are enabled for Biometrics and camera
  • Found and installed the "Synaptics VFS7552 WBF Touch Fingerprint Driver" on HP 
  • Rebooted several times

After all that I still do not see a "Biometrics" section in Device Manager, nor do I see the fingerprint driver listed anywhere in Device manager under other categories.

Also when I go to Windows Settings, Windows Hello Face and Fingerprint both show "We couldn't find a Camera/fingerprint compatible with Windows Hello"

Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thanks in Advance!

Frank-W

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,827 65,540 12,549 21,629
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Frank-W 

It is an option. Did you buy machine with Finger Print reader option ? Please check your invoice or check your order.

If not, your machine only has space holder but NO reader/sensor under neath. If you wish to upgrade, you can use part # L62741-001 for the Fingerprint reader assembly (includes cable) and may be you also have to buy The fingerprint reader bracket is included in the Bracket Kit, spare part number L62737-001.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Frank-W
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien, that may indeed be the problem.   Is there a way visually to check to see if what I am looking at is the plug/cover or a fingerprint reader? I don't know how to tell the difference.

No, the fingerprint reader was not listed from the refurbished that I purchased it from, but neither were several other things.  For example, the camera is present and works (though not with Windows Hello) but it was listed as not having a camera.

Thanks in advance, the part numbers will help if I can verify that this really doesn't already have one.

Frank-W

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,827 65,540 12,549 21,629
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Frank-W 

I think the only thing we can do is to check does it physically there or not is to open the machine. Page 69 of the following manual shows you how to get to its place

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06358101.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation