Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3

Hello.

This laptop didn't charge for a few weeks, but worked ok on power.

Now it won't even start up.

When I connect the PSU, the charging light on the front flashes white-orange-white-orange-white-orange-white

That's all I'm getting, no power on, no nothing.

The PSU has 19V on the connector, and another PSU gives the same problem.I've also tried it in a docking station which uses the connectors on the underside of the case - nothing at all.

I've tried the 15-seconds power button reset, and tried booting up without memory, wifi etc. Nothing.

Please can anyone suggest anything else I might try?

Many thanks,

Robbie

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Robbie27 wrote:

.... This laptop didn't charge for a few weeks, but worked ok on power.

@Robbie27 

Most likely battery is the problem. Please use HPSA to run the battery check OR run

Testing and calibrating the battery (Windows)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

...Now it won't even start up.

HP Recommended

...and I've just tried some other of our Elitebook G3s and two of them have the same problem.

What is this? It appears to be some kind of design fault with G3 Elitebooks.

Can someone at HP give me some help or advice - we can't afford to have this happen to loads of these laptops!

HP Recommended

...and I've just found another.

These cost £1300 each! **bleep**?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.