Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I access the BIOS please? The information given in the documentation does not work. Pressing F10 when the initial HP logo appears at startup does not work - normal bootup occurs. Pressing F10 before the logo does not work. Holding down F10 does not work. Doing these with and without the Function key does not work - all lead to a normal bootup. I tried pressing Esc instead as getting to a menu of some sort seemed reasonable - normal bootup.

HP Elitebook. Windows 10 64 bit. BIOS and firmware up to date Jan 21st 2021 according to my system information.

Nick Hudd. Tenterden, Kent. UK

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

use ESC key , clicking on it several time unitl you see the message "Entering boot Menu" on the lower left side of the display.

Whne you see the Boot Menu, click F10.

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you. I thought I had tried all the alternatives of repeat holds, keeping pressed etc. That worked. Thanks.

I have no intention of fiddling with the BIOS at the moment but I dislike having a computer and not knowing how to get "in". I have had this Elitebook three months, and an HP update of the BIOS reminded me that I had no idea how to access it if I needed

Thanks again

Nick Hudd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.