Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

It started it for me andn I have now completed the recovery procsess many thanks.

HP Recommended

This helped me thanks XD

HP Recommended
hi, i have the fan error 902.... i accessed the bios yesterday and i set everyting on default but now i can't access the bios anymore my labtop's fan is working but i don't knw the fan error is still showing.I changed my fan last year becauseni faced the same problem.

what should i do ?
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

I received advice from someone else on an HP forum (don't believe it was on this forum though) and it didn't work. So I'm looking for a 2nd opinion.

I have a HP Pavilion p6540ypc and I'm trying to access my BIOS so that I can change the boot order to first look at my CD drive before looking at C:    My F2 and F10 doesn't do it. 

I did remove all of the HP factory software when I purchased the machine because that software was dramatically slowing down my PC.  Removal of it really speeded things up.  Maybe that relates to my problem.

I've tried unplugging the power cord and holding down the power button for 1 minute. That didn't work.

Suggestion?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Dave, my email address is [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended
Hii,
I can't access the bios of hp pavilion g6 1200tx.I pressed esc,f1-f10 but its not working what can I do for accessing bios of my laptop.please help me.
HP Recommended

Hello uttampatil,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you are having issues accessing your BIOS. I would like to offer my assistance in this. What I am going to do is provide you with a link to an HP Support document: BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options. This document provides instructions on the various ways of accessing your BIOS. In this case if tapping F10 during start up does not work it instructs you to try tapping F1 instead.

I believe this will answer your question and get you to where you are trying to go. Thank you for posting your issue on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Jeeze it worked!...Thanx!...Just peez me off that I had to find out how to enter Bios this way, without any mention of how to in startup...Would it be so hard just to put a little mention of how to enter Bios as the computer boots up..? Wouldn't need to have asked in the first place if they just left the function key deactive like normal...Also, I cant seem to move the computer tab to the desktop in Windows 8, but I'm sure there is a stupid solution for that also, just have to search the internet for it again!...These windows devs need to wake the **** up!...

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for figuring out how to access the Bios, this is exactly what i need to do.

I do however have a question about this method.

In on page 62 of the manual you site it says 'remove the battery' [main power battery], once this is done and the RTC is removed how will pressing the power button for 30secs actually do anything as there is no power what so ever? Or am i missing something?

thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Replaced battery. Used keys including windows, B key, and power to no avail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.