Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP laptop that is stuck at "Enter Admin Password or Power On Password" when I turn it on. I have looked up solutions for my issue but none have worked.

I have tried master password gens, but none of them match the error code because mine has and "i" in front.

I have tried opening the laptop for to do a CMOS battery reset but I could not find the battery anywhere. So as an alternative I just removed the laptop battery for about half an hour. Upon boot, it says that the CMOS checksum has failed and then it goes back to the same screen I was stuck at before after I continue.

I have tried starting the laptop by holding the windows key + "B" to initiate a bios recovery with a flashed USB.

I have contacted HP support about my issue as well, but they just said that it needs to be taken to a repair shop so they can remove a battery as this is not an issue they can troubleshoot over the phone. I have looked multiple times for a CMOS battery on my motherboard and I'm sure there is not one. Is there anything else that I can try before I try taking my laptop to the store?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.