Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, this has started happening recently. Whenever I try turning on my laptop a bright blue box appears with a black background. The box asks for me to type in the Administrators password? I have no idea what that is, or what I should do to make that stop appearing everytime I try to tun in my laptop. I ususally have to keep turning it off and on for it to start running like normal, but it has been taking a longer time turning or now without having the box appear.. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EsmeLo

Enter   75125966

If there is an ( i ) at the beginning of your code enter   57856725

REO

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@EsmeLo, welcome to the forum.

I have a supicion that you may have a virus.  I suggest running your antivirus program to see what it says.  You may have to do a full System Recovery using the Recovery media that you made when you bought the computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@EsmeLo

When asked for the password, just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

HP Recommended
It gives me this number: 60274360
HP Recommended

@EsmeLo

Enter   75152966

If there is an ( i ) at the beginning of your code enter   57829725

REO

HP Recommended
Hello, it didn't work. But that's because I gave the wrog number. The number that appears is 60247360. Not 60274360. Sorry
HP Recommended

@EsmeLo

Enter   75125966

If there is an ( i ) at the beginning of your code enter   57856725

REO

HP Recommended
Thank you so so much!
HP Recommended

X:Windows\system32

HP Recommended

What should I do now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.