Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

we are facing more and more boot issues with EliteBook 8xx G4 / G5 series devices (and x360 1020 / 1030 G2 and G3).  

After installing Windows Updates, on next reboot devices won´t boot properly anymore. There is just the HP SurStart Logo and the Windows "Circle of Death" . We have some Workarounds in place already, but so far no root cause have been found for that issue. It´s not happening on all device but the tickets increase.

Is someone out there experiencing similar issues ? Any recommendations from HP ?  Would be great to exchange some knowledge . Thx in advance and

BR

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

same thing here in Italy with a x360 Elitebook 1020 G2

I rebooted two days ago after an update and boom! the laptop requested me for a power-on password I never set.

Now the bad thing is I have been told by HP assistance (from Serbia office) I have to pull the BIOS battery on my own and if this doesn't work it's FUBAR.

I replied  it' still in warranty coverage, I'd expect ... but I was stopped: " Nope, warranty doesn't cover this issue, somebody must have set the password, bye"

do I need to escalate?

HP Recommended

@marcopreziosa

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.