Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0053wm

My laptop - HP 15-da0053wm, will not boot up. When you turn it on the only screen is “preparing for automatic repair” it will not go any further than this screen. I don’t have any F2 or F10 button to attempt a reset. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would normally use the F11 key to do a factory reset after first tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

You would normally use the F11 key to do a factory reset after first tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

It doesn’t go to the welcome screen. You power off and back on and it’s right back to the auto repair screen 

HP Recommended

If that is the case, if you can return the notebook to where you purchased it, I would do so, and get a refund or exchange.

If not, contact HP technical support, and submit a support case under the warranty.

In the USA/Canada, call HP at:  1 (866) 724-8600

I would normally suggest you remove the battery in the situation you're in, and do a hard reset of the PC, but that model has an internal battery, and only an authorized service center is supposed to get to where the battery is located.

HP Recommended

I found this link for how to hard reset the notebook when it has a non-removable battery...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

HP Recommended

I’ve let the battery go dead, charged it, turned it back on- same screen. Held the power button to reset the computer, same screen. Every time it turns on it’s a black screen with the HP symbol in the center and says “preparing automatic repair” 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.