Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 13-AW0048TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I purchased this used Laptop HP Spectre X360 13-AW0048TU  on eBay about a week ago and although it's in excellent condition and everything works, I am unable to get into the BIOS. It asks for an Administrator Password. I tried the default on ChangeMe123, but that doesn't work.

I checked with the previous owner, who states he never set a BIOS Password.

After several attempts at different passwords, it now asks me to  use HP Sparekey USB Recovery Key, which I don't have or even know what that is.

I removed the back and took out the battery and replaced after a minute, but it is still asking for a Password.

Can anyone please help me to get into this BIOS, without having to purchase another Motherboard.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

If you try it three times in succession, it should give you a code.  If this is a Business Class PC the Business support might be able to help.  If the seller is unwilling to help, then Google is your friend.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

If you try it three times in succession, it should give you a code.  If this is a Business Class PC the Business support might be able to help.  If the seller is unwilling to help, then Google is your friend.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.