Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop-15 ef1040nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Laptop-15 1Y8Z2UA#ABA

I am trying to access my BIOS menu to enable my virtualization-based security, but I am not able to. I've tried the esc, f10, f2, and f6 keys and nothing worked. Do I also have to hold the fn key? All this for an assignment.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Any better luck yet? Trying to match my own PC problems, but this is different! The HP support pages say use the Esc key, for this model back to year 2007.

It is tricky to enter it at the right time.  Sometimes it does seem the keyboard might not yet be available, when one is supposed to press Esc. So push it several times rapidly and hope for the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.