Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-al062nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  After having black screen troubles and many reboots to the black screen, a BIOS update began and froze at 77%, for 2 days now.  I read the forums tried the "Press and Pray" solution (40 second Power push), but it will not proceed or turn it off. 

Is there anything recommended other than letting the battery run out?  It is on A/C for now. 

[I suppose a recovery flash drive will be my next step, but I will try "Win+B+Power" first.]

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved.  I accidentally left the power cord out, so it eventually ran out of battery, but all is well, because it booted fine from the recovery BIOS flash drive that I created on a working HP laptop computer. There were drivers and videos for how to do this on HP support.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gary456

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

It is recommended to try the BIOS recovery Win + B first and if needed create a BIOS Recovery Drive

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-stream-11-d000-notebook-pc/7372144/document/c02693833

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem solved.  I accidentally left the power cord out, so it eventually ran out of battery, but all is well, because it booted fine from the recovery BIOS flash drive that I created on a working HP laptop computer. There were drivers and videos for how to do this on HP support.  

HP Recommended

Thanks.  But the screen was frozen. No keystrokes were working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.