Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
G3 Elitebook i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

I have 130 of these guys and all are imaging SOE nicely except for one machine.

These are all brand new so had created BIOS admin password before the image (part of task sequence / SCCM to update ) but this one particular machine is failing because it cannot get into the BIOS.

I dont know how this has been changed, but now cannot get into BIOS - does anyone know how to reset the BIOS? CMOS battery removal does not work.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@adrianvarma 

You're messing around with BIOSs on laptops and do not KNOW that removing the CMOS battery does nothing?

For BIOS or power-on password resets, because the password is encoded onto a chip on the motherboard, replacement of that motherboard is required. For more information, read this HP thread: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06368824.

If you are not prepared to spend the money to get HP to replace the motherboard, you would have to take the PC to a local repair facility to see if they can do it for you -- we can not assist in that in any way.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.