Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17t-ce000 CTO
Other

HPSUPPORTASSISTANT1.png20200907_103258.jpg20200906_202131.jpg

After running the HP Support Assistant and BIOS F.10 update, the dual boot of the Ubuntu/Zorin OS was not available anymore.

Even the OS Boot Manager shows ubuntu in the selection box, that can not be selected there.

So the system can boot now only the Windows10 and it is hard to find how to make it boot the ubuntu as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It looks like I got it finally working..

Problem is just to select the Windows/Ubuntu by using F5/F6 and then finish the selection by F10 (instead of enter)

The enter key didn't work here in this context and F10 is needed to be used for succesfully using the selection box.

The information displayed by the BIOS help dind't show this requirement for using F10.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jarkky 

I'm sorry, but HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled.

IF you replace that with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Your best bet for support with issues with Linux is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

Since you are using Ubuntu, go here: https://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

It looks like I got it finally working..

Problem is just to select the Windows/Ubuntu by using F5/F6 and then finish the selection by F10 (instead of enter)

The enter key didn't work here in this context and F10 is needed to be used for succesfully using the selection box.

The information displayed by the BIOS help dind't show this requirement for using F10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.