Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470p Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was given a HP Elitebook 8470p Notebook PC for my birthday in July, only had it for a week and I get a blue screen of death with a Stop code saying "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and after the BSOD, I get booted back up to another message saying I have a non-bootable OS or device, suggesting that this is code 3F0 - Boot Device Not Found, the thing is every time when I reboot my device, I don't get sent straight to my Windows OS, it's just the same error code message popping up. I really want to be able to use my notebook for music production purposes, but now I feel like I won't have that chance anymore, because I don't have money to budget for a new PC or notebook. I'm only 15 years, so I guess it would be somewhat difficult for me, I do have a sort of IT experience, so I might be able to work on something physically with my notebook... but I really need some advice and support to be able to figure out and solve the problem here, please and thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Alright... I'm just going to come out and say it, even if it gets me banned.. but HP has some **bleep**ing **bleep**ty notebooks and you can't be provided enough support for any manual repairs/work or have a professional come and fix it up. I don't want to buy another HDD, if that is the case for this topic, I only had that laptop for A WEEK and it's already gone to **bleep**, that is just how bad laptops and notebooks are. I rather buy a notebook from another company, guarantee that their won't be possible "crashes" or what some technicians say that it's "beyond repair", **bleep** you technicians, you probably aren't a professional, you could at least replace my HDD, but no... So much for my birthday, this is just not fair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.