Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem since I bought this laptop new and while using the Windows Hello feature to sign in after waking up the laptop from sleep mode and while having the option "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face" turned on.

It doesn't happen every time but more often lately than before.  I'd get the BSOD with the  SPUVcbv64.sys error, the laptop would restart and all my unsaved work would be gone. I've contacted HP support in the past and they helped me to update BIOS to F.40, 4/25/2019 and the driver for HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR to version 3.6.8.8 (Driver date 3/29/2018) but still I got the same error and blue screen today.

I've checked HP Support Assistant and Windows update and everything is up to date. Windows 10 Home Version 1903.

Is there another fix for this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's try this:

Press the Start key and type the word CMD, right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator, enter the following command:

sfc /scannow 

Here's a document to help you: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let me know what happens.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@harry_B

Since all the drivers seems to be up to date, I suggest you Reset the Notebook and let me know if it works

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've reset the laptop already, updated everything through HP Support Assistant and Windows Update. Still today I got the error again. 

HP Recommended

Let's try this:

Press the Start key and type the word CMD, right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator, enter the following command:

sfc /scannow 

Here's a document to help you: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let me know what happens.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran this scan on elevated command prompt and got about 9 errors "fixed" but they all had to do with Windows Defender. This looks like different problem but I have not gotten the BSOD since I restarted and ran it the sfc /scannow and getting zero error. Will update if I ever get the SPUVcbv64.sys error again.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got this error again today. Updated Windows to version 1903, Build 18362.418  a few days ago. 

Something that I noticed in the event viewer is that Event ID 105 for "Power source change" which is me just unplugging the power source was at 1:15:33 PM and later after the laptop rebooted from the BSOD  got the Error Event ID 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:15:33 PM on ‎10/‎17/‎2019 was unexpected" even tho the computer did not shutdown at that time but only changed power source. Any idea why this would be? is my battery bad and causing the computer to think it has not enough power to boot up Windows Hello and thus gives me the BSOD and just restarts?   

HP Recommended

@harry_B

I see that the issue persists even after Resetting the Notebook and also updating all the drivers

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.