Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-bp100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system gets a BSOD once or twice a day.  Sometimes it is BSOD, other times it's a black screen.  The reliability report shows "HPCommRecovery stopped working" around the time of the BSOD. 

I have minidumps and system info here.  3 minidumps, first 2 are normal run conditions.  The 3rd is running driver verification based on this .  I saw this post  and the recommendation is to uninstall HPCommRecovery, but I don't see that in Add\Remove Programs.

Screenshot 2020-12-13 130057.pngScreenshot 2020-12-13 125828.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@schinks

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting HPcomm recovery stopped working error.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The HP Connection Optimizer is a background service that monitors the status of Ethernet, WiFi, and Broadband devices. It will try to recover the device if an error is detected. An obsolete or defective version of HPCommRecovery.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these: CommRecovery has stopped working.

I recommend you uninstall the program following the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower-left corner of the taskbar.
  2. Type the word uninstall.
  3. Click Add or remove programs.
  4. Now locate CommRecovery in the list of displayed applications.
  5. Click the program, and then click Uninstall.

If you continue facing the issue, then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100862.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

CommRecovery is not in the list of programs in Add\Remove

HP Recommended

@schinks

Do you see HP connection manager or Connection optimizer? If no, then uninstall all the HP software and test.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.