Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Wondering if anyone can shed any light we have a few users having issues with Elitebook 1040 x360 g7 and HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2 blue screening WDF_Violation. On Windows build 20H2, updated all the drivers and the firmware which hasnt helped.

We have a few other users who are using the same laptop no issues but with HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock. So looking like it might be a dock compatibility issue anyone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've managed to fix this, the issue was a driver. If you go into device manager and look under network adapters. There will be something in there Called Realtek USB GBE Family controller  - right click on it and go to properties go to events and see what the most recent file is under Device started, for me it was rtump64x64.sys. This diver seemed to be causing the BSOD right click and remove the driver from device manager and let windows install it's default driver.

This fixed the issue for me - it seemed to be when the laptop was put under a bit of stress it would blue screen not had one issue since we removed the driver.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've managed to fix this, the issue was a driver. If you go into device manager and look under network adapters. There will be something in there Called Realtek USB GBE Family controller  - right click on it and go to properties go to events and see what the most recent file is under Device started, for me it was rtump64x64.sys. This diver seemed to be causing the BSOD right click and remove the driver from device manager and let windows install it's default driver.

This fixed the issue for me - it seemed to be when the laptop was put under a bit of stress it would blue screen not had one issue since we removed the driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.