Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My laptop is not charging eventhough it shows that it is connected to AC and my battery is running down fast. the connections are oks. Any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This may be worth trying.

First of all, shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter unplugged, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter and start the PC without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the PC on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the PC to see if the battery now charges correctly.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hi,

This may be worth trying.

First of all, shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter unplugged, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter and start the PC without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the PC on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the PC to see if the battery now charges correctly.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you DavidPK! I had the same problem  and I solved it by your instructions herein.

HP Recommended

Hi genovdan,

You're welcome, glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

David, can you please help,I'm tearing my hair out.

Have a HP G72 B02SA Notebook PC, battery started going strange yesterday.  Would only charge to 77/82%, now only charging to 2/13%.  Think have tried everything there is to do, weather has been hot and hum,id in England, any suggestions.

HP Recommended

I get stopped in your remedy when you say to START THE PC WITHOUT THE BATTERY INSERTED.

I cannot fine any way to do this.  My CQ62 simply will not start without the battery, even after holding down the power button for a full minute (while the PC is unplugged}. 

Any suggestions about how to start the CQ62 without the battery?

HP Recommended

I tried all these things, to no avail.  Eventually after 2 batteries had both completely flat lined and the AC Adaptor although plugged in was not charging, went to the expense of replacing the AC Adaptor and both batteries are now fully charged and the AC Adaptor is charging.

I wonder whether it all had something to do with the HP Power Manager Utility Software being installed on 12/6/12, my problems all started circa 22 to 27 June 2012!

Does my HP G72 B02SA Notebook PC really need this software?

Also can anyone advise how to reload Active X permanently, as it seems to keep uninstalling and HP auto detect will not work to scan my Laptop for Drivers/Software.

Regards

HP Recommended

This seems to be a complete description of what is going on wiyh my CQ62.  If anyone is listening from HP, please send me a new AC adapter together with instartuctions for replacement.

ni9joyahoo

HP Recommended

I tried contacting HP Customer Support and the UK Managing Director, 6 months out of Warranty, no Customer Support!

I think there is a problem with HP Laptop PCs, as so many people of late seem to be experiencing these exact problems.

HP need to address this issue and reimburse/replace the AC Adaptors, or sort out what on earth is going wrong with their products.

HP Recommended

I have a G72 laptop and no matter what I have tried the battery will not charge can you please help me with this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.