Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have done that and still nothing no charge and the battery is going dead. please help with this problem

HP Recommended

Hp needs to do something about this charging issue, because it is apparent they know about the problem because it is all over the tech forums[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

I also have a G72 - with the "plugged in Not Charging" issue.  I have tried the process suggested about uninstalling and installing again.  It didn't work for me.    I bought a new battery .. but same issues. It came charged and is now sitting at 7% and not charging.

Has anyone solved this? 

Does it take a new A/C adapter?

Many too many people having the same problem... there should be a step by step to do list.. if one doesn't work then you do the next.

HP Recommended

Same Old Same Old Run around from HP and Microsoft. They are very aware of this problem and wont do any thing about it, Because then Hp would have to recall 1000's of these laptops and they will never admit that it's there fault. The same way it took yr's of complaining to finally get them to do a battery recall a few yr's back.  The wosrt thing about this whole mess is that it has to be a simple programming clitch that is causing the problem and instead of doing the reseacrh and creating a patch for this issue they simply decided to ignore it. But at the same time they have offered to fix it because they know what it is. But they want to charge you $250.00 to do it and you pay for the shipping to send the laptop into them. This is simply not acceptable.

[Legal Discussion Removed]

HP Recommended

I bought a new AC adapter and all is well.

The old battery charges just fine.  I didn't need the new battery I bought.

Wish someone would have recommended this as the next logical step before the battery.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 2290sx, just a month old and experiencing same issue.

So many people are facing this same problem from all over the world. Who said HP is best? I have wasted my money and time.

😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

I purchased my HP G72series notebook in 2011; I need to replace the battery. How can I find out which batteries this model can use?

Thank you for your prompt, helpful response.
🙂

HP Recommended

I have to buy another battery for my HPG72 -250us notebook, Will ny current battery charger work with any battery I buy?

If not, what batteries would be compatible.

HP Recommended
my hp 250 g2 keeps on showing not charging i have done all that acpi stuff and its not workin pls help
HP Recommended

Hello taylormed2

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the HP 250 G2 Notebook PC is a commercial product. You can do this at Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime: HP 250 G2 Notebook PC

I hope this helps!

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.