Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15y0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

forget my BIOS password of my HP laptop. I visited service center and they remove CMOS battery but also password was not break then they told me to replace motherboard for resetting BIOS password for which i have to pay money. But main fact is that my laptop is in warranty period but also they demand money for motherboard. Their senior executive told me that HP Limited Warranty does not apply and does not extend to any HP Hardware Product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of accident, misuse, liquid spills, abuse, contamination, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration, or other external causes. As my laptop is in working condition.

So in my opinion for software related issues company want to change my hardware that must not be chargeable. So anyone have idea to break my bios password if yes then please reply. Please share your experience that changing motherboard be chargeable under warranty conditions????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @tanman20 

Reboot and enter   12428767

REO

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

With many passwords we can generate a passcode to bypass it. If you leave the password field blank and tap enter key after 3 tries it should give you a halt code. Post that halt code here. 

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

code is dipslay as [i 85675328]

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @tanman20 

Reboot and enter   12428767

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks alot. It worked .

HP Recommended

Your very welcome @tanman20 

REO

HP Recommended

having the same issue with my up touch screen . prodID is 4NDI6UA#ABA. SYSTEM DISABLE CODE IS i85763745

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.