Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
G6061EA
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi I wonder if anyone could please help me with this problem I have tried to download the bios update for this computer on my pavilion G6 however when I try to open the file I get to the stage where to save the file etc so I had ticked for it to go to my flash drive which is f but I don't get the hp bios and recovery screen but according to my flash drive the file is on it but I'm not sure if it is so I tried to put it into my g6061ea and start up and holding the windows key and b but all I get is a long beep followed by 2 short beeps which is repeated all the time so I would like to know do I try the top part of the where to save the file etc for to get the recovery screen so that I can continue with the rest of the support pages as I keep on getting the same message that the recovery  is not for my laptop and that's all I get after I had downloaded the file 

I have even tried changing my security settings for windows defender as my security instead of a third party antivirus 

I would be very grateful if anyone could please help me with how to download the file properly for me to get to the create a flash drive screen 

thanks very much hedleyr 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hedleyr

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's an issue with the BIOS update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to recovery BIOS using the HP Article?

(Click here, if you haven't done it yet).

On startup, you might see an error message indicating that the system found and corrected an error in the BIOS.

System BIOS Recovery has occurred.

If the BIOS has been corrupted, a blink code flashes on the LEDs, consisting of two blinks of the Caps Lock or Num Lock lights. There is a pause between the end of the error code and its repetition.

However, you might not even notice the blink codes, because the computer automatically restarts, attempts to reinstall the BIOS, and restarts again. You might only notice an extra-long start-up process at first. However, when this process finishes, a System BIOS Recovery has occurred message is displayed.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hedleyr

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's an issue with the BIOS update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to recovery BIOS using the HP Article?

(Click here, if you haven't done it yet).

On startup, you might see an error message indicating that the system found and corrected an error in the BIOS.

System BIOS Recovery has occurred.

If the BIOS has been corrupted, a blink code flashes on the LEDs, consisting of two blinks of the Caps Lock or Num Lock lights. There is a pause between the end of the error code and its repetition.

However, you might not even notice the blink codes, because the computer automatically restarts, attempts to reinstall the BIOS, and restarts again. You might only notice an extra-long start-up process at first. However, when this process finishes, a System BIOS Recovery has occurred message is displayed.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi thanks very much for your reply and help what happened to me was that when I was trying to install the hp recovery media that I had purchased in 2011 and when you press f11 for to restart the recovery instead of saying boot from cd/dvd it was saying the windows version that was already on the hard drive and it wouldn't accept either the recovery media or another version of windows it was frozen on that or I could check the memory etc at the bottom of the screen

I had always thought and understood that the recovery media that I had got from hp partners was bootable like my g6 but for some reason for the g60000 it isn't

Anyway I had found that out yesterday and I had another thought for to try something different that I hadn't tried was to try and install windows 7 which I knew was bootable in an external usb drive and that actually worked and I had got all my drivers back which was the reason in the first place for to use the recovery media as I had no cd/dvd graphics as well as another couple of drivers

So now that I have a fully working laptop with a proper screen resolution and the cd drive working again I'm not going to tempt fate and change or try anything else on the bios

I have just thought that I had forgot to mention was that I couldn't understand that in the boot order it had the cd/dvd listed even if I had removed it from the laptop and restarted it the drive was still in the boot order and that's why I had thought that the bios was frozen as when I had looked on the support pages on the hp forum that it said that the drive would be shown in the boot order if it was recognised by the bios

But thanks very much for your help and I greatly appreciate it
hedleyr
HP Recommended

@hedleyr

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.