Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 15t-as100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I recently did a BIOS update through the support assistant and now, every 24 hours or so, the update repeats and goes into a loop. The BIOS update loads, then the machine goes into a black screen that says the BIOS was updated and to hit "Enter" . This sequence repeats usually between 3-6 times and takes 15-20 minutes before finally booting to Windows. 

Frustrating to say the least. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MagicMalik555,

Thank you for reaching out the HP community and a very good day for you. I have reviewed the case and it will be an absolute honor to assist you. It looks like you've visited us for the first time and let's try and make a memorable one as you are a valued HP customer. Superb diagnosis and splendid description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did you try to roll back the bios?

Let's try these steps now:

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

It took several days to test if the solutions had worked, as the repeated update only happens every 24 hours .

Unfortunately the solutions did not work. I even did a complete factory reset of the system and the first time it restarted, the bios update started again and repeated 6-7 times before the machine finally booted. 

I even tried doing the update with an older bios from a USB stick and it didn't even start the update process with the older revision. 

I appreciate all of your help. If you have any other solutions for me to try, I'm eager to get this fixed. 

Thanks again,

Malik

HP Recommended

@MagicMalik555,

Thanks for replying and it is great to hear from you again. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. As even the factory reset has not worked, there is more to it than meets the eye. The computer may need to be serviced. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thank you and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.