Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 — 15t-df100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I've bought this notebook from USA, after it was delivered to Russia everything was ok.

But after 3 days the display gone black. In HP service guys told me, that motherboard died.

They order new one from USA. But after installation the BitLocker key was requested.

I've never turn on the BitLocker on pc. I used my Microsoft account at first setup, but there are no BitLocker keys saved.

In Microsoft support told me, that i need to request notebook manufacturer to get the BitLocker key for the new motherboard. 

So What should I do with that?

At my HP service guys don't seem to be very qualified.

Regards,

Alex 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Привет / Hi @exca1ibur 

Are you sure this is related to Bitlocker key and not Windows licensing key ?

Your old motherboard had a TPM chip on it and it was probably configured for use in Bitlocker. Now the new one has a different TPM chip. But the Bitlocker keys are related to your data on the hard disk drive and even though the MB/TPM may have been changed, the keys are for the HDD.

If you do not have the keys and if they are not present in the account, there is nothing you can do to access any data you may have on the existing HDD. You will simply lose this data. To make the PC usable again, you do not need Bitlocker keys , all you need to do is to simply install (reinstall) Windows or another operating system.

Details about the Bitlocker key >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Bitlocker-recovery-key-unknown-or-missing/ta-...

Instructions how to install Windows 10 on this PC can be found in the attached PDF below.

If you are unable to license Windows on this PC, the HP service center should be able to assist you with this (since it is a new PC).

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.