cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
fillar
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Black screen after updating BIOS

HP Recommended
ENVY x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 11

Windows update recomended  me some updates, one was a BIOS update, so i let it run. It was plugged into a AC adapter the entire time. When windows asked me to reboot I did so. After reboot and the install of the bios the computer tried to restart but failed. The screen is black, caps lock is flashing. After that I have tried all recovery options described at HP support page with no results. I have made a recovery flash USB, tried win key+B(or V) and power button (2-3seconds) it will not recover bios. Power is on and the fan is running . Caps lock is flashing...
Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fillar
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I have found a solution for the problem.

Caps lock was flashing with 3 long and 2 short. After looking at HPs support pages I understand that the flashing ment that there was a problem with the memory. They suggested that I should remove the memory from the system board and insert them again. I tried that but the memory board was soldered to the system board. Still I have disconnected the battery from the system board. When I had put the computer together suddenly the computer worked fine again. Probably the memory had been reset when the battery power was disconnected. When the computer restarted the old bios were recovered.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
fillar
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I have found a solution for the problem.

Caps lock was flashing with 3 long and 2 short. After looking at HPs support pages I understand that the flashing ment that there was a problem with the memory. They suggested that I should remove the memory from the system board and insert them again. I tried that but the memory board was soldered to the system board. Still I have disconnected the battery from the system board. When I had put the computer together suddenly the computer worked fine again. Probably the memory had been reset when the battery power was disconnected. When the computer restarted the old bios were recovered.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation