Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion laptop 15-n220nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need help.  My notebook is updating when I last used it then after i woke up the other day the screen is already blank. It has no display and the f12 has a red light on it (it does not blink). I searched for the possible solutions and I've done almost all of it and still it does not work. What's the possible problem? My files in school is still there, help me... 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello There,

1. Please perform a hard reset on your HP notebook. Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery (if removable). Now
press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Afterwards reconnect the battery and the power supply. And Now try to
power it back on.

2. If step 1 doesn't work then shut down the computer completely. Turn the power back on and start tapping on the F10 key repeatedly, If BIOS page loads up do BIOS defaults by pressing F9 Key once and then Enter. Now Press F10 again and hit Enter key to Exit saving changes. That should resolve this issue.

For any additional help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I did but the screen still have no display. I really can't determine what is the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hello there, Sorry to know your issue was not resolved. I can suggest you to connect your notebook to an external monitor/TV and check if you're getting any kind of display there. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.