Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem right after I bought this laptop 2 years ago and it was solved, although I didn't describe it properly. Link to the topic: Solved Topic . 
It happened first time (after I fixed it 2 years ago) after my windows recieved 20H2 update on March 24. I also noticed some of my network settings were reset. So here is the problem:

• I close my laptop (it goes into hibernate mode according to my configuration)
  • after some time I open it, press the Power button in the rear left corner
  • HP loading screen with black background, white hp letters and white spinning loading dots appears
  • it goes completely blank (not black)
  • the same situation occurs when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing Power button
  • power button LED is on, charging LED is on if there is charger connected, F5 button works (turns on and off keyboard backlight), everything else is not responding
  • I can only restart my laptop by holding Power button for 5 seconds so it turns off and then turn it on

Also if I turn it on immediately after closing it boots just fine mostly.

I updated everything I could in HP Support Assistant, installed all Windows updates I had, reset BIOS to default settings, made a hard reset (I'm not sure if I did it properly though),  tried to follow  "The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode" tab in Sleep and Hibernate Issues but my keyboard doesn't even have "Power Management" tab.

Seems like keyboard can't wake the laptop up, but I'm no expert in this:

>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15D2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KirillD 

Unfortunately, the general situation is that HP has not released new drivers for Windows 20H2 and is not providing us any schedule or indication as to when they WILL be doing this.  So, what you are encountering is likely a driver issue -- and one that you can not solve until the new drivers come out.

My suggestion is to see if you can rollback the Windows version to the previous one using Windows Update.  At least that way, you will have working HP drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KirillD 

Unfortunately, the general situation is that HP has not released new drivers for Windows 20H2 and is not providing us any schedule or indication as to when they WILL be doing this.  So, what you are encountering is likely a driver issue -- and one that you can not solve until the new drivers come out.

My suggestion is to see if you can rollback the Windows version to the previous one using Windows Update.  At least that way, you will have working HP drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.