Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 2016 HP Spectre x360 13 - windows 10 (64 bit).  I just started having repeated boot drive detection issues 

Boot Device Not Found - Hard Disk (3F0)

which requires restarting to by pass error.  I found a similar post thta recommended that sfc/scannow be run under the command prompt(admin).  My operating system does not have command prompt under the start menu (it has powershell). Also powershell on my laptop can not locate sfc/scannow.  Tanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@wow08816

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the "No Boot Device Found" error. 

Don’t worry, I’m here to help! To better assist you - 

1) What's the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

2) Were there any hardware or software changes made to the computer? 

While you respond to that, let's try the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Model 13-w023dx sn: [edit].  Picture of recently installed programs is attached. No new hardware installed.Installed Programs by date.png

HP Recommended

@wow08816

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's try these steps -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F2 once. 
4) Go to Component test. 
5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test. 

If the test passed, try these steps -

Step 1 System Restore -

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
7) Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
8) Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Step 2 System Recovery -

3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Note : System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

If the computer has a Win 10 operating system, you may also try creating a media creation tool

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.