Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 14s-dq1504sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a brand new HP and this morning it just shows a Boot Device Not Found message. I've emailed the retailer, but it's Sunday and with the pandemic and everything. I tried an F10, but the screen I got taken too was not one I recognised and had loads of options I didn't understand. There's nothing on it I need to worry about saving, but i really don't want to have to negotaite with the retailer to return it if i can avoid it. It was more mony than I'd usually pay because I wanted an i5 with SSD.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@plasfan 

F10 sends you to the UEFI Options Settings screen -- what were you expecting?

This error message indicates that at the least, the boot files on your drive have been corrupted, and at worse, the drive has become so corrupted it will not boot into Windows anymore.

If this is a brand new PC, you should take it back  (or send it back) and demand a full refund.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.