Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Boot Device Not Found

HP Recommended
hp 14s-dq1504sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a brand new HP and this morning it just shows a Boot Device Not Found message. I've emailed the retailer, but it's Sunday and with the pandemic and everything. I tried an F10, but the screen I got taken too was not one I recognised and had loads of options I didn't understand. There's nothing on it I need to worry about saving, but i really don't want to have to negotaite with the retailer to return it if i can avoid it. It was more mony than I'd usually pay because I wanted an i5 with SSD.

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
28,518 28,438 2,606 6,242
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@plasfan 

F10 sends you to the UEFI Options Settings screen -- what were you expecting?

This error message indicates that at the least, the boot files on your drive have been corrupted, and at worse, the drive has become so corrupted it will not boot into Windows anymore.

If this is a brand new PC, you should take it back  (or send it back) and demand a full refund.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation