cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
WAS_MI
Level 1
9 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Boot Order

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15t-au100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I inherited a Pavilion 15t_au100 from an old friend.  I have successfully shrunk the C Partition of Win 10 64-bit, but am now trying to do backups and partition creation w/ DFSee's Puppy Linux USB thumb drive.  (Once I do further backups w/ DFSee of the partition information and C Partition, to make sure I can restore it to the present status, I will be installing Linux Mind Debian 4 and, ultimately, ArcaOS 5.1 to the new partitions.)  But my problem is getting the machine to boot to the thumb drive.  I researched the issue and discovered a post regarding a solution w/ a Dell machine but want to make certain that this would be applicable here w/ the InsydeH20 Setup Utility on my machine.

The bottom line seems to be to:

-  Disable Secure Boot (I speculating even before seeing the post that this option is why it defaults to the OS boot partition), and

-  Enable Legacy support.

(There are other steps mentioned, but those seem the crucial ones.)

Apparently this will not disable UEFI booting and configuration.  Does it seem safe to proceed w/ the above?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation