Level 1
9 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Boot Order

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15t-au100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I inherited a Pavilion 15t_au100 from an old friend.  I have successfully shrunk the C Partition of Win 10 64-bit, but am now trying to do backups and partition creation w/ DFSee's Puppy Linux USB thumb drive.  (Once I do further backups w/ DFSee of the partition information and C Partition, to make sure I can restore it to the present status, I will be installing Linux Mind Debian 4 and, ultimately, ArcaOS 5.1 to the new partitions.)  But my problem is getting the machine to boot to the thumb drive.  I researched the issue and discovered a post regarding a solution w/ a Dell machine but want to make certain that this would be applicable here w/ the InsydeH20 Setup Utility on my machine.

The bottom line seems to be to:

-  Disable Secure Boot (I speculating even before seeing the post that this option is why it defaults to the OS boot partition), and

-  Enable Legacy support.

(There are other steps mentioned, but those seem the crucial ones.)

Apparently this will not disable UEFI booting and configuration.  Does it seem safe to proceed w/ the above?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation