Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au153sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Turning on laptop and boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk, Hard disk (3F0) is coming up.

I run quick check in hard drive check and get a message saying no hard drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly.

I then run extensive check in hard drive check and get the same message. 

It has an SSD 

Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brithob
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like a hardware related issue as you've performed a relevant test on Hard Drive.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note: You can try the steps from this document before reaching out to our support and also you can skip the steps if you've performed already.

"Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected" https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didn’t this happen after a recent window or software update and I hadn't made any hardware/software changes.

I will try and get in touch with the support engineers, but I have been struggling to get in touch with them.

regards

brian 

HP Recommended

@Brithob

thank you for posting back.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).\

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.