Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15-ck0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I follow the steps of the help center but it does not help. It just turns back to same place

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@baldzhi 

Since you didn't bother to tell us what you did that did not work, how do we know that we are not telling you the same things?

This issue is often due to a failing drive. So, let's check that first, because if it is failing, it would need to be replaced and there is no point then in doing anything else until we confirm that.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for your responce!

I had first of all this failure Message 3FO or boot device not found. And somehow sometimes after a lot of tries Windows was starting sooo slowly that i was falling asleep. And then Windows was going for restarting itself in 10 min. Red A lot for the case and in the end i went to the shop and bought myself a SSD hard drive, because the old one was HDD. But now it sends me directly to this ‘Boot device not found’ message. I tried with f10  boot options but it brings me again to the main issue! 
So.. do you thing there is solution?

Thanks in advance🙂

HP Recommended

I should notice that i am with windows 10 and the laptop is 3 years old. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.