Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
I don’t know but I looked up the method on this website and it didn’t work
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi so this all started when I was a playing Minecraft on my laptop when I noticed it was really slow so I closed the Minecraft screen and turned off the laptop I waited a few minutes and turned the laptop back on so then after waiting a while for it to load it booted up and I realized it had deleted a ton of my stuff so I looked up how to fix this and it said go into settings so I tried but then the taskbar at the bottom wasn’t working so after a long long time of trying to get the taskbar to work I gave up and just downloaded the basic stuff I had on the laptop and I was fine with it for about 2 months up until now when I noticed it was really slow so I turned it off for the laptop and when I turned it on it was blue and had a sad face like this 😞 and said it was doing a reset but also it needed some time to gather reset information so I waited for a bit and it said it was don’t resetting 100% so I waited for another hour and it wasn’t doing anything so I turned off the laptop and this is where I am right now where it gave me a black screen that said boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk hard disk (3F0) F2 system diagnostics and then it said for more information go here so I read some things and it said to run a scan on the hard drive so I did that and nothing happened so now I’m here trying to get help so I can fix the computor and I’m really sorry if the stuff above is not accurate I don’t know anything about starting up a computor

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hey so I don’t know why it put the emoji but it was just like a Collin and then bracket like a sad face

HP Recommended

That symptom sounds like a possible hard drive failing or that malware has attached itself.

First step is to verify the hard drive.  Run the Diagnostics routine.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hey so I did what you said and it worked it says startup menu f1 system information f2 sysytem diagnostics f9 boot device options f10 bios setup and f11 system recovery enter to continue startup and the information to this site so I pressed f2 and it says I can do a memory test a hard drive check change the language and exit 

HP Recommended

You need to run the hard drive test from that menu you are describing and report what the results are.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hey so I did the extensive hard drive test and it said when it was done testing drive: 1 smart check : passed long dst : warning and then on the bottom it said current version 1.18.0.0 -bios and then the information to this website

HP Recommended

Since the hard drive has passed, then the next thing is to have you antivirus do a scan for any malware.  What antivirus do you have?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The antivirus I was using was avast antivirus

HP Recommended

If the Avast ran a scan and did not report any malware, then perhaps try an install of Windows.

Since you do not know the model number of the PC, I cannot tell if you can use the HP Cloud Recovery tool or not, so try a Windows 10 install.

If you need the install media for Windows 10, you can make it from this Microsoft download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"
and then follow the directions. You can make either the DVD or USB. Use this new media to install Windows 10.
When the install asks for the product key, click the "I don't have a product key" option to continue,
then the install will continue. It will be activated once it connects to the internet, as it uses a digital key.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hey sorry it took so long to respond i needed to use my friends pc and buy a blank usb

but i downloaded it on the usb so what do i do next

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.