Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Boot the problem PC to that USB media from Microsoft and once the screen loads you can reinstall Windows from that media.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hey so I did what you said and it took me to the download screen but then it gives me two chooses to either upgrade: install windows and keep files, settings, and applications or custom: install windows only (advanced) and I don’t know which to choose

HP Recommended

Well, it depends on if you wish to keep the software and apps that were installed before.  The custom will ask if you wish to clean out and start over, which I would do as a last resort.  If you were satisfied with the way it worked before the problems then try the first method.  If that fails to give you satisfaction, you can go back and do it again and pick the custom install, wipe out the drive and let Windows do what is called a "Clean Install", which will be totally new and fresh install.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Ok well i tried to do the upgrade one and it did t work so I think I’m gonna do the other one

but I don’t know how it says there’s a drive 0 I allocated space in there and I can refresh delete format new load driver and extend

HP Recommended

Here is a guide from Microsoft to clean install Windows 10.  Follow that

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-or-reinstall-of...

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hey so I’m a little confused because when it says to select the drive and click new and click accept and click ok it splits into two on their screen but when I do it it says we couldnt create a new partition

HP Recommended

Here is a different guide

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Start the custom install.  When you get to this screen

2021-09-26 19_13_29-Window.jpg

you could delete them all and tell Windows 10 to install itself in the unallocated space.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.