Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
7PA07UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

FD06EFB3-36C9-4453-BC20-1AD3DDBBA981.jpeg

I was watching Netflix and my laptop froze. I turned it off and when I tried to turn it back on this is what I was greeted with. I’ve tried a whole bunch of things but nothing seems to work.
I tried system recovery but it brought me back to the above screen. 
I tried legacy boot but it brought me to “reboot and select proper boot device”

2BFA3D1F-40EB-4112-B6C5-FF351B044456.jpeg

I opened my laptop thinking that maybe something was loose, seeing that I bought it brand new and hardly use it but nothing appeared to be wrong 

91613C40-8231-49D8-BAB2-DCAEEE263D60.jpeg

I tried the regular control alt delete and that didn’t work. 
I tried ignoring the issue hoping that after a few days it would magically reboot as it should, that didn’t work. 
and the list goes on.  
Help, Any other suggestions for me ? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Are you sure that you run a 32-Bit system? I see a NVMe. 

Probably it is just the bootmanager that is damaged. So you need a WinPE Bootmedium or a Installation Medium like the "Media Creation Tool" (MCT) Download from MS prepare the USB-Bootmedium and boot from USB.

On the 2nd page of the Installation at the left bottom you find "Repair..." Click that and navigate to the "Command Promt" and type

diskpart

sel disk 0

list par

Is there a FAT32 Partition (100MB)?

exit

exit

shut down and post the result

HP Recommended

I wasn’t sure of the operating system so I just selected one. But the little sticker says “intel core i5 10th gen”. Also after legacy didn’t work I did a bios reset and now I’m back to the initial screen. 

HP Recommended

@Shanicessb wrote:

I wasn’t sure of the operating system so I just selected one. But the little sticker says “intel core i5 10th gen”. Also after legacy didn’t work I did a bios reset and now I’m back to the initial screen. 

What is that initial screen?

HP Recommended

The first pic.  “Boot device not found …. 3FO”

HP Recommended

Without this nobody will be able to fix your bootpartition !

diskpart

sel disk 0

list par

Is there a FAT32 Partition (100MB)?

list vol

exit

exit

HP Recommended

I’m a complete novice … I’m seeing if there’s a diy way to fix it before having to bring it in. Can you break that down to layman’s term cause I’m completely lost and have no clue what you’re asking. 

HP Recommended

You need a second computer and an USB-Stick (8 GB or more)

Google for "Media Creation Tool" (MCT) and go to MS-Download. There you find the MCT.

Download and execute this tool and prepare the USB-Stick for a different computer. 

When ready come back.

It must be clear, that you will not be able to fix your problem without that!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.