Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ad173TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Whenever I try to switch my HP Envy laptop on, an error message saying 'Boot Device Not Found' appears, as shown in the image attached. There is an SSD installed and I have been running my laptop fine before this. I pressed F2 and it worked, but this issue appeared again the next time I tried to switch my laptop on.

Does anyone know the causes of this issue and how do I resolve it?

Thank you in advance.

fe2c8b70-e8af-48fa-bc60-716807f43f5d.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thank you

HP Recommended

i appreciate your help, but may i know what caused this problem? 

HP Recommended

Nobody knows. It can be a failure in a windows update or the machine didn't shut down properly. Many reasons.

But don't worry, usually it's easy to fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.