Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
COU56EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi

i am having difficulty in booting from any USB drives on the InsydeH20 BIOS, when going to F9 when the machine boots,  i get OS Boot Manager and Boot from EFI. if i choose OS Boot Manager it goes straight to Windows 8.1 and if i chose Boot from EFI it doesnt give me the USB drives.

i have tested the USB memory stick it can boot, i have tested the USB DVD Combo that it can boot.

i have disabled the secure boot on the BIOS.

please help i am trying to upgrade OS from 8.1 to Windows 10 64 bit (currently running Windows 8.1 32 bit)

i have created a USB that is " GPT Partition scheme with EUFI" but still it doesnt see it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you're installing to a gpt drive, try creating the installation media again using MBR for UEFI computers - FAT32.

Also, I'd definetely make sure to insert the installation flash drive when the machine is on and then power it off via the power button - hold it down for 15 seconds just to ensure the machine has powered down.  Then tap away at the esc key as soon as you power on, select the Boot Manager ( f9 ) option and see if the flash drive is now listed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.