Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hello everyone
i bought an hp omen 17 month ago and its an amazing laptop
the thing is i want to install windows 10 from us but cannot seem to boot into usb in uefi mode
when i select legacy support only then i can boot from usb
i dont want to install windows 10 into legacy mode instead i want to install into uefi bios mode
please any help would me great
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Ayyoun,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP Forums, you can also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues booting from USB in UEFI Mode. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you using the USB recovery media kit shipped from HP or have you created one soon after purchase of the PC? 

Secure Boot Configuration helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware, firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware.

When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.

You may have to disable Secure Boot in order to use hardware (such as older video cards) that Secure Boot does not recognize, or to boot from a CD or DVD that is not recognized. If Secure Boot does not recognize hardware, Windows does not use the hardware when it boots up, and you may experience problems starting the computer. If Secure Boot does not recognize a video card, the computer may have a blank display. For more information, refer to the Troubleshooting section.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10)

Once you have installed the Windows 10, you can go back to the Bios and enable secure boot and disable legacy support.

Please respond to this post with the results of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ayyoun,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP Forums, you can also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues booting from USB in UEFI Mode. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you using the USB recovery media kit shipped from HP or have you created one soon after purchase of the PC? 

Secure Boot Configuration helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware, firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware.

When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.

You may have to disable Secure Boot in order to use hardware (such as older video cards) that Secure Boot does not recognize, or to boot from a CD or DVD that is not recognized. If Secure Boot does not recognize hardware, Windows does not use the hardware when it boots up, and you may experience problems starting the computer. If Secure Boot does not recognize a video card, the computer may have a blank display. For more information, refer to the Troubleshooting section.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10)

Once you have installed the Windows 10, you can go back to the Bios and enable secure boot and disable legacy support.

Please respond to this post with the results of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
thank you so much mr singh
my issue has been resolved by ur assistance
glad to be a part of the hp family =D
HP Recommended

Hi @Ayyoun,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you with your issue.

If you need any further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.