Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hpPavilion 15-cc0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently buy an additional adata 256gb m.2  ssd for my laptop. But l already have an hard disk in the laptop . I install Windows 10 in the ssd and uninstall previous Windows from the hard disk. After that few days it works nicely but some times when I start my laptop it's shows no bootable device found then I go to boot devices options there is no ssd shows . But I repeatedly restart and go to the options it shows the ssd.

Can anyone help me to how to fix this error???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mithuran 

A couple of possibilities come to mind ...

First, m.2 SSDs can run hotter, and in the case of NVME drives, a LOT hotter, than traditional SATA SSDs.  This is so much so that you often need a heatsink on the SSD to prevent it destabilizing due to heat.  So, if you're shutting down your laptop when it is hot and restarting it soon after that, it could be a heat issue.  If the laptop is shutdown for hours or overnight, then it's not a heat issue.

Second, it could simply be a bad SSD.  I've had that happen more than once, but to be honest, I have three PCs using ADATA SSDs and hot had any problems with any of them.  You should go online and download the ADATA SSD toolbox and see if it has an option to scan the SSD for problems.  Sorry, not at one of my ADATA PCs right now, so I can't check this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.