Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-g br106tx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using my HP 15-g br106tx Notebook for 18 months and my battery has died.(The battery test returns 

Primary:Logic state- Weak(30),Charge State-Blown Fuse(42) ).

I always need to power on my laptop with the cherger . I work  on the laptop the entire day and everytime the next day my laptop screen does not turn on and the caps lock keeps blinking and i solve the problem as mentioned in the hp support website.Sometimes i get  CMOS Reset(502) in the screen.

The problem is, i have to do this every day before i start.

Is the problem related to the primary battery. Because evey time i switch off and power on the laptop during the day it boots normally.

The problem occurs only if my laptop has not been powered with my charger for a long period of time.

Do i also need to change my cmos battery?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@harsh2338 

IF your BIOS settings are not holding between restarts and you're geting the CMOS reset message, that implies that the CMOS battery is low on charge.

Considering how cheap those are, it would be worth replacing it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.