Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS battery replacement

HP Envy x360 Touchsmart 15-u010dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello, my HP Envy's CMOS battery went out.  I took it to a local big box store where I bought it 6 years ago (it is no longer under warranty) and they told me my specific computer has the CMOS battery in the motherboard and I would have to buy an entirely new motherboard just to replace the CMOS battery.  This is my computer: HP Envy x360 Touchsmart 15-u010dx.

Is this correct?  Do I have to replaced the entire motherboard just to replace this one CMOS battery for my model?

Thank you for your help.  Emily

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
77,344 76,756 9,423 20,378
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS battery replacement

@EMSUN wrote:

... Is this correct?  Do I have to replaced the entire motherboard just to replace this one CMOS battery for my model?

@EMSUN 

That is one way true because your machine does NOT have RTC (or CMOS) battery separately. No available part

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=G6T84UA

And manual says nothing above it. It may run from battery itself.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
EMSUN Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS battery replacement

Thank you @Banhien for your response.

How very disappointing that I have to buy a motherboard just to replace a battery to turn on my computer to get to my things.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation