Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a new reconditioned computer with Windows 10 Pro. I had accessed BIOS so I know it worked. I used HP Support Assistant to install the latest version N75 Ver. 01.49, and now when starting or rebooting, pressing the esc key basically does nothing. No menu on the screen, and the computer continues to boot into Windows. Pressing and holding the esc key, or multiple pressing on the key as the "Press the Esc key for menu" messages is displayed also does nothing. 

Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, as it turns out, I was not "holding the <F10> key long enough or hard enough... Anyway, I have now access the BIOS. Thanks to all who read this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It seems that not too many people have seen this problem. If that is the case, I would like to know if it is possible to re-install the BIOS? Or if this isn't possible, can I go back to the previous BIOS? I have the .bin file for both the old BIOS and the current BIOS, each 9.2MB in size. How could I do this?

HP Recommended

Well, as it turns out, I was not "holding the <F10> key long enough or hard enough... Anyway, I have now access the BIOS. Thanks to all who read this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.