Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a 1 year old hp envy and use Microsoft 10 operating system (although not sure which version). As of last week I keep getting an error message that my c drive cannot be located and my computer only stays on about 2 minutes then brings up a blue screen saying it's going to reboot. At that point it runs kind a bit louder, feels warm and shuts down but doesn't turn back on, stays a black screen even though the light is on on the power button. I have to hard shut down, press the power button for 10 seconds to get it to fully turn off. I've Uninstalled/ reinstalled windows 10 and I've done all required updates. I don't know where to go from here. Please help! Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KeTy82 

I don't understand your issue because, if you reinstalled Windows, then I fail to see why it can't find something -- as that error message most often comes up when you install an application, it adds an entry to the Startup folder, you then remove that same application, and the next time you boot, that entry starts up but since the program is gone, it errors out.

When you do a clean reinstall of Windows, it erases any old folders and entries, so you should not be getting error messages like this.

What specific program is it looking for?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.