Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs212wm

Hi, I recently bought an hp laptop.  Went to power it on and am asked for an administrator/power on password.  The Halt code I was given is "i 60515681" Please help..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For some reason I am not sure what this means.

I just searched all the topics to find information.

According to the instructions you're supposed to enter;

Try one of the following codes:

HP Insyde H2O

* FOR SOME DELL CODES PRESS CTRL-ENTER, NOT ENTER, WHEN ENTERING CODE INTO THE BIOS

And that you enter will be the default to clear the password in the bios settings.

I'm not sure what the problem may be. I just know that in windows defender ransom protection settings are likely causes to the problem. If it's on the folder access may prevent appropriate bios update from the HP downloads.

Otherwise just stick around until some wiser comes around.

HP Recommended

Hi:

None of those codes posted above will work because you need a special code generator to get the right unlock code when a lower case 'i' preceeds the 8 digit system disabled code.

In any event, we are prohibited from providing assistance with passwords, unlock codes, etc., on this forum.

See the forum rules of participation at the link below...Rule 4. d.

Rules Page - HP Support Community

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.