Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP250 GS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone help. Earlier today my laptop stopped loading webpages which was not a problem with my wi-fi as my tablet was fine. I gave it time, ran the wi-fi troubleshooter but no problems were found so decided to restart the laptop. The laptop stuck on the screen"preparing to restart" so, after a considerable while, I pressed and held the power button. This turned the laptop off but now nothing happens when I try to start it by pressing the power button. I've tried removing the power cable and battery and holding the power button down to remove any residual electricity and starting again but nothing seemed to work. Is my laptop dead or are there any suggestions I can try to restart it. Any advice appreciated ( but be gentle with me as I'm an elderly user with only a moderate knowledge of how things work)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

laptop won't turn on.  I hear blower noise for 10 seconds after hitting poower switch.

emattice

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.